Tuesday 5 May 2009

What friends are for?




An old friend of mine visited me last week.We were friends almost for 40 years.We both had really an enjoyable time together.We also went see another friend from college.It was amazing to be together with him and his wife.They took us to the next town called Antakya where we could taste different delicious dishes of the region.We were so pleased to receive a kind hospitality and warm welcome from them.Spice bazaar was a must to see and buy world famous herbs and spice.It is the second important multicultural city in Turkey where people from different religion lived peacefuly.


İskenderun is one of the main harbours by the Mediterranian.We old friends watched the turqoise see, chatted about old days while sipping our tea at Petek Cafe on our way back to Adana .I was happy that I could have this opportuninty although I had so many tasks to do in my busy life.

2 comments:

  1. That was a very enjoyable weekend, May. Old friends and a visit to such special places together. I enjoyed reading about it.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you were in Harbiye in Antakya, weren't you? I and my wife were in Hidro in 2002 and tasted the meals of Antakya cuisine. It was excellent, a very rich cuisine.

    ReplyDelete