Friday 15 May 2009

My friends from yayla.



I have a mountain house up on the Toros mountain. I loved to spend hot summer time with my neighbours there. It was amazing to watch the morning haze over the pine trees closed to the site and breathe in the fresh air .I used wake to singing birds and couldn't go back to sleep not to miss listening to the wild birds singing beautifuly. The tea times I shared with neighbours were memorible for me. We would usually chat about our youth , our wedding ceremonies and mother in -laws. Each of us had different interesting stories from the other that made us burst into laughter.People in the south of Turkey go to the mountains since the old times although it was so difficult to travel up on carriages.Today,it only takes 45 minutes to go from door to door.We sometime cometogether in a cafe or restaurant in Adana to remember our yayla days .

No comments:

Post a Comment