Tuesday 7 September 2010

ŞARKIŞLA TRAIN STATION

There it was the station where my dad used to take to go to Sivas for his high school as there was no one in Şarkışla in 1930 ies.It was running on coal and very slow ,of course.Most of my dad's stories, who used to tell us at the dinner table drinking his rakı in tea glass , crossed my mind as I was walking down to the station with my sister.She was quiet too I was sure of that she also remembered our dinner times when we were old enough listen to his memories about the station in Şarkışla;how he used to share his only food helva and bread with the other passengers,how he would joke elderlies who did not know how to read and write.My memories were still alive though they were told long long years ago!

1 comment:

  1. It is very special for me to see Sarkisla Station. There is a long connection with the Berk family and the railways [and for my English family too!] The railways were the best way of travelling in those days.
    What a marvellous story you could write about railways, education, travelling and commerce.
    But at the moment, this is a special memory for you.

    ReplyDelete