Monday 21 June 2010

CARPETS

Adana is the city I live in and it is in the south Turkey. People go to the seaside or to the mountains to spend the hottest time of the Summer . I listened to many stories about moving to the mountain houses that I will mention to you later.

I thought , when I went to my usual early morning walks, those hanging carpets at the balkonies looked strange if you looked at them as a foreigner.

When the weather gets warmer ,most people clean the carpets or have them washed and hang them out in the balkonies to get well dried in the sun then they put moth balls in them before the carperts have been rolled up and put in a special cupboards or corners in homes.I do the same of course because you can not bare to see anything laid on the floors in the heat .So that you can see many different carpets at the balkonies,some made by hands some not,some are colourful some are plain.

It is possible to guess what type of people they are at a glance to the carpets hanging down from their balkonies.Can you guess by looking at the picture?

2 comments:

  1. The carpets look very good quality and the patterns look classical and refined to me. But I can't tell which region they come from.
    There's no sign of any kilims.
    Please tell me more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not see any kilims hanging down at the balkonies.We usually lay small kilims on the floor instead of carpets in summer but I may tell about kilims later.
    Thank you for your comment Beth.

    ReplyDelete