Tuesday 20 April 2010

It's been a long time since I last wrote on my blog..







I had a very busy summer time with mum and I tried to make each day special.She was not happy there although my husband and I tried to make her pleased at Mavi Kent but she was missing her days at Kuşadası .She used to find something different everyday to complain about that made me upset! She had a nice house to live with her carer by the forest and we usually spent our time with her.I would take her to the beach whenever I went swimming. She could hardly walk to her chair to sit and watch the people enjoying the sun.She was counting down the days to go to the summer house at Kuşadası.I understood her in a way that she used to go there with my sister almost every summer time but this time she had to wait for her to finish her work at school.I thought ,was it the time for mum she would not get any joy of living?Did she lose her enthusiasm of living?
It was sad for me to realize that mum started to confuse more and being more forgetful!
On the other hand,I had something nice to think of and feel happy about.My eldest's wedding time was getting closer and we had to go to Greece together with my granddaughter and her parents.Life is strange,isn't it?




.

3 comments:

  1. Dear May,
    You did your best in a very difficult and distressing situation. I can understand your mum wanting to go to her old holiday home. She was ill and felt anxious about seeing Kusadasi one more time.
    I'm so glad you had the wedding to look forward to as that helped you during those dark days. Love, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS What pretty pictures. Mavikent is a lovely peaceful place to stay.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment Beth.
    I know ,I did my best for mum that's why I feel relieved but missing her.
    Love

    ReplyDelete